Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Life in Pics! (Lots of food)

I normally try to do a recap of the week in photos, but here are some pictures that go beyond the past week. I'm playing catch-up!

Which reminds me of Uma Thurman's joke on Pulp Fiction.


Papa tomato, Mama tomato, and Baby Tomato.  Baby tomato starts lagging behind, and Papa tomato gets really angry. Goes back and squishes him. And says, "Ketchup". 

I don't know. I loved that movie. 


Which is why I was Uma for Halloween last year.


On Sunday, MF and I went hiking at Ward Pound Ridge Reservation with Oscar.










After the hike, Andrew and I got some supper at Jin Ramen.

Nankotsu Kara-age: fried chicken wing



Kakuni Ramen: Japanese Adobo-style braised pork belly, bok choy, garlic chips, and poached egg.  This is the second most popular ramen.
The huge chunk of pork belly was hiding under the veggies. It was amazing.




The Spicy Tonkotsu Ramen is my favorite ramen there, and it is the most popular ramen.



The Chashu-Don: 
Braised pork belly served over rice & fried egg, topped w/pickled ginger, scallion, julienne leeks, sesame seeds& cut nori.  I really enjoyed this!
If you want to try out Jin Ramen on the Upper West Side, you can totally avoid the lines by eating dinner early.  We've gone around 5:30-6pm and didn't have to wait. 



Took care of this little fluffball while my friend was out of town.


Check out her rump.



I went to Easter Service at Hillsong in Times Square. There was an INSANE line around the block. I was almost afraid I wouldn't be able to get in. 



It was at the Best Buy Theater, which is a concert venue.  I had to move to another spot because the speakers were so loud.  Hillsong definitely knows how to party.




At a Korean BBQ restaurant (Miss Korea BBQ) to celebrate our friends' engagement




A NYC favorite is weekend brunch!  This was my first time at The Smith. A little expensive, but it definitely had delicious menu items.




Got the jalapeno cheddar grits (had to...I'm Southern) and the fried chicken sandwich plate- yup. I'd eat all of it again!



One of my brunch pals!




The bar at Mad for Chicken. Ok, I really love fried chicken.



When friends cook!




I helped my fellow actress friend shoot an audition for a project. Us being silly. Her bright teeth make my teeth look so "mother of pearl" in comparison.




The other day, I took Andrew on a lunch date to Charlie Bird as a surprise.  
We had such a good time, and he now swears he has tasted the best chicken ever.

Roasted chicken (but then fried!) with black truffle



The other top picks were the grilled octopus with prosciutto and farro salad.  Seriously, I could eat that farro salad every day.  It's got this interesting mix of farro, roasted pumpkin, mint, pistachio, and parmigiano. *Drooling right now




 We had a Saturday brunch of pizza at Otto Enoteca Pizzeria.  I love pizza so I enjoyed it, but I didn't think it was anything special.


Aglio, Olio & Pepperoncino
garlic, olive oil, fresh chilies

 


Margherita D.O.P.
tomato, bufala mozzarella, basil



Vongole
clams, garlic, mozzarella
 
This one was my favorite pizza we had there. It had this awesome buttery, saltiness to it. 



But this- THIS- was beautiful. 

Olive Oil Coppetta
olive oil gelato, tangerine sorbetto, pignoli rosemary brittle, lime curd, blood oranges, kumquats



 So I know this was a food-heavy post.  I had so many food pics in my phone that I needed to release.  We really don't eat out that much.  It's like a compilation of food over a couple of months.

Hungry, anyone?




No comments:

Post a Comment