Friday, September 4, 2015

Affordable Dupe for MAC, NARS, and Smashbox? NYX!

According to the blogosphere, NYX is famous for replicating the results of more expensive brands.  For example,  some of the NYX eyeshadows are dupes for MAC shadows. 

The NYX Studio Perfect Primer and NYX Studio Perfect Primer are supposed to be very similar to Smashbox primers.  

image via totalbeauty.com



And NYX Cosmetics Powder Blush in Pinched is a copycat of the NARS blush in Orgasm.

I really love my NYX Matte Lipstick in Alabama.  The pigment is fantastic, and it has a nice matte texture.  I also found the color to stay put for a long time.  It is known to be a dupe for MAC's Viva Glam 1. The other night, my friend Susi was wearing the lipstick in Perfect Red, and I was amazed at how well it stayed on her lips throughout dinner!



Here's my stash of NYX products.



I really love the NYX HD Eye Shadow Base. I use it as an eyeshadow primer, and it hasn't failed me yet.  At $7, it's a fantastic alternative to the expensive guys.  I haven't used it as a concealer, so I can't comment on that.


The left eyeshadow palette is the Runway Collection.  The right is Beautiful Green Eyes. 


Here is the brush for NYX Doll Eye Mascara.



Close up of NYX lipstick (from L to R) in Perfect Red, Femme, and Alabama.




Here is my look with the Runway Collection palette and lipstick in Femme.







Before Doll Eye mascara

After Doll Eye mascara



I went for a summer glow. The Femme lipstick is a tad more orange in real life. It is super moisturizing!  The mascara has a more waxy feel that helps lift up my lashes after curling. It also contains natural oils and Vitamin E to moisturize and protect. I went a little crazy with multiple coats so I should have separated a bit more. But I was still surprised at how little it clumped.  It has great reviews on Amazon, and you can see how it REALLY pumps up lashes for people who have way more than I do.


And yay to NYX for being cruelty-free!  Thanks, Susi, for my Perfect Red and Femme lips!

No comments:

Post a Comment