Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Making Me Blush: Estee Lauder vs. Tarte

Also, these days, I've been running low on sleep. So like any other woman, I use tricks and smoke and mirrors to keep from looking like a zombie. I finally finished my go-to junior high school level (hey! I LOVE drugstore brand makeup...no hating here) Covergirl Blush in Brick Rose and decided I'm old enough to upgrade to a natural, good-for-your-aging-face option.

I visited my local Sephora and picked up a blush from Tarte ($25), a company that prides itself in having products that are formulated without parabens, phthalates and synthetic fragrances. They also packaged in recyclable and post-consumer recycled materials.

I bought one of the 12-hour Amazonian clay solar-baked blushes in Tipsy (a coral color).

Cute packaging!


Color Without Flash










So I attempted to do a test on how long this 12-hour Amazonian clay blush lasts. I put on Estee Lauder Signature Silky Powder blush in Nude Rose and the Tarte blush in Tipsy on each cheek.
            9AM: Tarte on the left here, Estee Lauder on the right.  Similar colors but the Tarte was more concentrated and I used less for the same coverage.


6 PM: I honestly couldn't tell which stayed on better. What do you think? (Focus strictly on the blush, people! I know I don't have gloss anymore, and my eye makeup faded. Tired face.)






The funny thing is I went straight to work in the morning, and the concierge to the building actually mentioned that he liked my blush! I should have asked him which side!

My review: I love the pigmentation of the Tarte blush. I feel like it will last me a long time, which is a relief because at $25 a pop, it ain't cheap! The coloring of both blushes were great. I can't wait to use them to boost up my pasty face during the colder season. My Estee Lauder blush is actually part of a gift set, but the full size Estee Lauder blush is priced at $26. It looks slightly smaller than the Tarte blush. If it came down to it, I would must rather spend the same amount on a natural, healthy product such as Tarte.

If you or I find something comparable for less, we will let each other know!




2 comments:

  1. Honestly I can't tell a difference at the end of the day. Both look great!! Its a great color blush on you!

    xo Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jackie! I'm always looking at various types of blush. Just bought the Mark Touch & Go and can't wait to try it as blush!

    ReplyDelete