Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Would You....Do Blue?


I really started to get intrigued by blue hair ever since I met Jeannie Mai back in 2009 on a makeover segment of Today Show.  If you didn't remember the awesomeness, I went from a boxy 80s business suit to Spanx and camo (on the shoes).


Anyway, Jeannie Mai is a stylist and host. You may have seen her on Extra TV, How Do I Look?, Miss Universe, or E!  Not only is her personality and smile super warm, but she has this cool trademark blue hair!  She pulls it off so well that I actually considered doing it myself.  

Her blue seems to fluctuate between a more subtle dark midnight blue and a lighter, more noticeable blue.  Of course, lighting affects the color, too.  You can barely see the blue in the photo above.

Here is a photo where you see a tinge of blue streaks. I prefer the more subtle look.
source

More obvious blue
source


source

So I had put away my blue hair yearnings for several years. Then last week while doing some promotional work for the remake of Old Boy, I saw the Asian female character we were mimicking in our costumes.  Her name is Pom Klementieff, and she came with blue hair!  She was so adorable and resembled an anime character.
 


source

source

What do you think?  I love the blue on black hair.  Would you do a darker blue or a lighter blue?

No comments:

Post a Comment