Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Would You....Do Last Messages?


Although I love my Samsung Galaxy 3, there have been plenty of times that the sucker has died on me during the day.
source
It's supposed to be a pic of a woman hating her dead phone, but I think this one is more of a "SALE on Net-a-Porter?!" expression.

I have been the person to hold up text and email threads because of a dead battery. And in some cases, hours can pass until I am able to revive my cell.  None of my contacts get concerned about my lack of responses. They just think I'm being an asshole.

But for those of you who have a "support system" with overactive imaginations stemming from paranoia (super crazy jealous boyfriend, anyone?), the "Last Message" app will let your contacts know that your phone died so they don't need to send you any panicked or angry messages.

source



Video on how it works:



I find the video to be kind of morbid.  "Your contacts will know your exact location when your phone dies NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU."  I actually think that is a smart feature.  But does she have to say it so cheerfully?


If you're a fan of the "Last Message" app, you may be interested in leaving messages after YOU die (not just when your phone does)!  That's right.  The Facebook app called "If I Die" will allow you to verify your death via "Trustees" (aka 3 close FB friends) and can send out your messages posthumously.  I'm not making this up.  Who wants to be poked by people beyond the grave? GAH!


So what do you think about these apps? Useful or utterly ridiculous?

No comments:

Post a Comment