Friday, October 31, 2014

Trend: Sleeveless Jackets

Last month, on a commercial set, I noticed that the actresses dressed as fashionable waitstaff were all wearing sleeveless jackets. I pay attention to what stylists put on the talent because obviously they will be up to date on the latest trends. Sure enough, I kept seeing editorial spreads and magazine articles showcasing various armless outerwear. (Many times, they were referred to as "sleeveless vests," but aren't all vests sleeveless?)

To me, the style seemed to lose its purpose. If I'm wearing a jacket/coat, it's because I want to be warm. Why expose my arms??  But I've gotta admit...some of the looks are kind of cute.

Here are some of the ways to wear the sleeveless whatever-you-want-to-call-it.


Throw it over a sleeveless shirt or tank top on those milder fall days.
JOA Sleeveless Coat at revolveclothing.com



Over a dress
Prue Sleeveless Trench at clubmonaco.com


source


Over a T-shirt
Biker Jacket from asos.com


Over a long sleeve shirt



Pinterest

Victoria Beckham sure does love the trend.
source


source


So what do you think?  Are you ready to cut the sleeves off of your favorite coat?




No comments:

Post a Comment