Wednesday, November 28, 2012

November Endings


Shirt and Purse from H & M, Michael Kors Watch, the rest is SUPER old and probably from Wet Seal, The Body Shop, or wherever I shopped during high school

This was my outfit for dinner on actual Thanksgiving night. (See here for when I do family turkey night.) Some friends and I went out to Sons of Essex in the Lower East Side for their awesome prix fixe meal with unlimited pumpkin ginger mimosas. And they like to plop those bubbly suckers down for replenishment even before you're done with what you're nursing. Needless to say, I don't remember what I ate. No, I do. Their truffle mac and cheese should be considered illegal. Illegale!!

Anyway, I sent the above pic to my mom, who immediately texted me, "Who took this photo? Your head looks huge and your legs look short." She is my ray of sunshine.



November has been really busy. I had no idea that taking on 2 days of 3-hour acting classes would be so insane. But top that off with an additional 4-week on-camera class, rehearsals, auditions and work, and I got myself a Tazmanian devilish schedule. I don't really know what that means - all I know is that I look like an idiot sprint walking everywhere and that I'm changing in public bathrooms a lot.

Audition #1 outfit with a shiny face. Git that powder, gurl!

YAY.  My favorite. Having to put my stuff on dirty sinks/counters (?) Wet ones are especially fun.



Voila!  Out of the bathroom as a... what do you call this look?  Asian Salt-n-Peppa nerd with a manly stance?




I don't know. I.don't.know.


This is my life in a nutshell.  Not really. But a nice, ridiculous slice of it.  I got to audition for  a CBS show twice and had my first audition for an ABC show.  I didn't book any of them, but they were SUCH great experiences and honestly, I was really happy with what happened in the audition room. I was! As Sarah McLachlan sings in those awful animal shelter commercials, I will rememberrrrrr youuuuuuuuu. (That's me singing to those auditions.)

I actually did book a print job for which someone from across the globe apparently handpicked me.  I think of how insane the chances of being chosen for it are and am very thankful. So if you think about it, it totally makes sense to audition and NOT book it. Those are the odds. Except those really awesome actors/models who are on fire and constantly book the jobs. My only explanation for them: They're Illuminati. You know, along with Jay-Z, Lady Gaga, and Madonna. Oh, and probably Justin Bieber and One Direction. 



No comments:

Post a Comment