Friday, April 19, 2013

Cross Design Craze

Yesterday I went shopping with my niece, and I noticed a lot of apparel with cross designs on them.


At first, I attributed this to the owner's Christian background when I was at Forever 21. (If you've ever noticed, "John 3:16" is printed on their iconic yellow shopping bags. Similarly, the yummy hamburger chain In-N-Out has Bible verses on the underside of soda cups and on wrappers.)

But I also saw cross design fashion at H & M, which I don't believe has any religious affiliations.

Out of curiosity, I searched online for more fashion items with the cross.




image via favim.com


image via svppy.com

Can you see the crosses on Katy Perry's sparkly dress?
image via trendfashiondesign.com

image via favim.com
Whoah!
image via weheartit.com


Cross Jewelry
image via favim.com

image via sammydress.com

Celebrities love their sideways cross necklaces! Although they have may have been religious for a while, these necklaces have only been spotted recently adorning the necks of these famous ladies.
Jennifer Lopez & Kelly Ripa
image via vivanfellerdesigns.com

Kourtney Kardashian
image via omgobsessed.com

Selena Gomez
image via oxforddiamond.com
She also wore the necklace on the set of "Spring Breakers" as her character Faith. This was fitting since Faith is the church-going "good girl" among her wild friends.
image via melty.fr


What do you think of this trend? Will you be picking up anything this design on it?

No comments:

Post a Comment