Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Review: Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Volumizing Mascara


image via sephora.com

I bought one of those Sephora holiday mascara kits, and one of my favorite mascaras from it is the Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Volumizing Mascara (the other is the LancĂ´me Hypnose Drama Instant Full Body Volume Mascara).
 
I always preface my "before" and "after" photos of my eyelashes with this statement: I have really puny lashes. Therefore, if I am raving about a mascara, imagine what could be with ACTUAL lashes. And these photos don't do any justice to how much more volume and length my eyelashes experience when I use this Stila mascara. 


BEFORE



AFTER: A little dead-eye look going on, but what a difference!
I only use 2 coats of this mascara.

AFTER: This is another day...with what looks like some major bronzer!


I was surprised that my much-loved Stila mascara got only fair reviews online. People complained about the wonky 3-D triangular brush and the mess it supposedly makes.  I did think for a moment that my brush got squashed or was defective because one side has sparse, short bristles.  However, I had no problem with it. I experienced no mess, and I had no clumps. 

This mascara left no smudges under my eyes and definitely stayed on all day. There was a "I got caught in the rain" incident...and still no smudges! 

I do have to mention, however, that I don't put mascara on my lower lashes. So that may have helped me avoid raccoon eyes. But with other mascaras, even if I only apply it on my upper lashes, I can still get dark circles of mascara under my eyes. Stila, you're a life saver!

Other goodies this mascara has:

*This formula contains a nourishing conditioning agent, coconut oil, and anti-oxidant-rich mango butter, which leave lashes soft, protected, smooth, and shiny. (from Sephora's website)

Besides the anti-smudging and lash-softening ingredients, my main praise for this mascara is for allowing me the opportunity to look like I have longer, thicker lashes. Youtube makeup guru RissRose2 suggests always buying waterproof mascara since the waxy ingredients maintain the curl and lift of eyelashes well.  So even if you don't go for this product, you can test out this advice and try out waterproof versions of your favorite mascara and see if it is true for you!

I bought the full size version the other day since Sephora is having a sale for its Beauty Insiders and VIBs. 15% off! Enjoy!

image via sephora.com




No comments:

Post a Comment