Monday, November 25, 2013

Fashion at the 2013 AMAs


Miley Cyrus arrived in a very sleek, androgynous look. No bare midriff, underboobage, or thighs here. I loved it. And two thumbs up for keeping her tongue in her mouth!
source

Riri got sleek AND vampy. The bottom half looked a bit Halloweenish (S&M?).
source


Taylor Swift's choice of outfit had some media outlets nicknaming her the Golden Goddess. I usually love the sophisticated looks she brings to the Red Carpet, but this was strange to me.  Her fluffy 90s hairdo with the nude panel looked awkward. Taylor, what happened to your gorgeous hair? What do you think of this look?
source

Oddly enough, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley wore the same dress for a Glamour shoot with One Direction. And she looked really good in it! I think it's definitely easier to cheat to look good in a photo shoot (angles, still shots, clips in the back), but the dress probably also just works better on a curvier woman.




I thought Lady Gaga was reminiscent of a fairy-tale princess in a rather modest yet very pretty dress. I read in an Elle interview that she was starting to ditch more of the costume-y outfits that cover her face and go for the more natural look. She looked -dare I say- normal?
image via justjared.com

Then I realized that she arrived on a full-sized horse puppet. Those are human legs under there!
image via news.yahoo.com

Katy Perry looked sweet and feminine in her Oscar de la Renta gown. 
source

Although I thought Katy Perry looked quite beautiful on the Red Carpet, I don't think I'd ever choose to wear her gown.  But these two Jenner girls. I would say YES to these ensembles for a night out.
source


Heidi Klum is so beautiful. I don't believe the ruffles on top and the hula skirt-like long fringes on bottom (it's like what you walk through doorways- door curtains?) did her banging body justice!
source

This might be on the verge of scandalous with all that cleavage, but I loved this Michael Kors dress on Naya Rivera. If I could pull it off, I'd pick up my prescription from Duane Reade's in this.
source 

Daisy Fuentes working a classic look!
source

I will be honest. I don't know much about fashion, but it was a little disappointing to see the Red Carpet line up. Not much impressed. Can you tell I really liked the black and white fashion? Well, there was also just a ton of black and white on the Red Carpet. I'm telling you. There weren't many highlights. See here. People played it safe, or their stylist seemed to have left the stars for the Thanksgiving holidays. But at least we had J.Lo. 

Man, was it Jennifer Lopez's night! She looked fantastic in this beaded Zuhair Murad number.
source

Did you love her tribute performance to Celia Cruz??
She was so awesome. I adore the song "La Vida Es Un Carnaval".  Lovely job honoring the Queen of Salsa!!  You can see Justin Timberlake getting crazy over the show. He likes it!



So...yeah. Oh dear. The men really threw me for a loop.

Is R. Kelly wearing an apron? It looks expensive.
source

This confuses me. It's like Marc Anthony thought he was going to the Country Music Awards? I would understand if it were Keith Urban attending the AMAs. But it's Marc Anthony.
source

I just don't know. But I bet I could lose a lot of weight by wearing this while working out.
source
Do you have any favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment