Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Estee Lauder vs. Target Brand Eye Makeup Remover







I had been using Target's Up & Up Eye Makeup Remover and was very happy with it. But I got the Estee Lauder Makeup Remover as part of a gift set so I decided to test it out. The Target brand says on the bottle that it is comparable to the Neutrogena Eye Makeup Remover.

Both the Target Brand and Estee Lauder Eye Makeup Removers claim to be oil-free, but the Target brand one does seem to be a bit oily. The bottle even says to SHAKE WELL in capital letters in the directions. The oily feeling isn't so overwhelming that it bothers me. If there was an issue with feeling oily, I feel like all you have to do is take off your eye makeup first with the Target brand (which works really well!) and THEN wash your face. I really feel that you only have to swipe twice with a cotton pad using the Target brand makeup remover. I was a little too thorough on the video swiping with the Target brand. I wish I had shown you how much makeup came off with each swipe, but alas...I wanted to finish this video so I didn't redo it. Sorry! Anyway, when I use the Estee Lauder one, I have to swipe multiple times, and lots of times, it just feels like I'm moving the eye makeup around. It smears all over the place! But oddly enough, the Estee Lauder one behaved pretty well on the video.

Estee Lauder is 3.4 oz and $18! The Target brand is 5.5 oz and $4.54. What a deal! So yeah...I didn't care for the Estee Lauder one. I would definitely be purchasing the Target one again.

1 comment:

  1. Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover. This reasonable Neutrogena alternative demonstrates you don't need to spend a massive amount of cash on a successful, non-aggravating eye cosmetics remover.

    ReplyDelete