Monday, July 29, 2013

Make Up Monday


I did this....


and this...


Using these products....






I have been starting off my mornings with this.






On days I'm not auditioning or going anywhere fancy, I forego powder and just use a BB cream.  Tarte BB Cream in Light (my review here.)



source



A pump of Stila One Step Illuminate to add some luminescence to my face.
source



Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Blissful
My review
source


Covergirl NatureLuxe Gloss Balm in Sandstone. Though I like the color, SPF protection, and mango/shea butter ingredients, I think it feels clay-like and gritty.  I'm just trying to use it up!
source



Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Liner.  My favorite eye liner right now!
source



 Use Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Liner Pencil in Pure White on lower lash line near tear duct to brighten up your eyes.
source




e.l.f Eyelid Primer to prep for eye shadow application
source



The shadows were from an Urban Decay Book of Shadows IV kit.  I really love the way Urban Decay eye shadows apply and blend. 
source


I first swept Cobra on my eyelid from lash line to right above my natural crease. Then I applied Missionary from above my crease to under my brow bone. I used Zephyr under my crease for contrast and making that eye area pop.  Then I blended underneath the brow bone to the crease with Sin to soften everything.



And I finished off with some Eyeko mascara. (I don't love it.) My review here.
source


Here's another look at the makeup in a different lighting.  My hair was being wacky.


I can get away with doing crazy stuff on my eyes.  Because most of the time, you won't be able to see it! You can see the Zephyr (white shadow) color in my crease here when I do the dead-eye look.

But not here!  Should I walk around droopy-eyed to fully exhibit my eye shadow art, guys?
Amazing how much product went into making me look barely alive.

I guess I should probably not use passport/mugshot-looking photos on beauty-related blog posts.  My camera photos make me look like a potato head.  And the lens of my other camera does a bit of morphing, too.  I'll learn how to make everything look proportionate, and work on the lighting so all the colors look accurate. 

Thanks for reading!  It was fun attempting a new makeup look.  I have more potato head pics coming your way!

No comments:

Post a Comment