Monday, September 27, 2010

I guess I'm no Julia Child

Do you ever want to play hooky, but feel guilty lying about being sick?  Introducing...Erica's pancakes!  They will make you throw up within a minute of consumption, which means you technically ARE too sick to go to work.






Notes:

*This was a very impromptu video needed asap for a reality show contest about horrible cooks.  I also had to go to an interview and bring in a signature dish.  I don't cook, but I did bring in a cheesewhore mac n cheese.  (Someone eloquently named it "White Trash Mac n Cheese").  My delightful plate included 3 bags of shredded cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, and shards of Doritos sprinkled throughout with whole Doritos wedged along the sides.  It was a MAGNIFICENT sight.

*I did not make the cut.

*I don't know what was wrong with my voice.  It was rather obnoxious, no?  I don't smoke, but I sounded like I inhaled a couple of cartons' worth of cigs.  Also, in my haste, I didn't realize that I dressed up like a  hoochie in the kitchen.

*Ben once made fun of TV hosts who do an intro in which he/she acts surprised that a camera/audience is there.  He thought it was super lame.  So I had to do it.  Sorry.

*I really did not have maple syrup.  Who doesn't have maple syrup when making pancakes? And yes, that wasn't faking a messed up pancake.  I mean, I know the point of the video was to show your less than stellar cooking skills, but did you see that pancake?!

*Erin is a great friend for eating my food.  I don't think she knew the extent of how gross it would taste.  I know.  I tasted the salad dressing addition and threw up a little in my mouth.  She really did whip up her pancakes in a second, and they truly were yummy.  I have no idea where I went wrong.


So as I'm sharing this with you, I do kind of cringe.  Why would I have a final cut where I have the hiccups?  And I sound kind of...drunk?  I wasn't!  I just slur sometimes!  Sometimes that Southern lazy way of talking comes out of me!!

Hey...did I ever tell you that I want to be a host?

No comments:

Post a Comment