Monday, September 27, 2010

All Up in the Air

I have videos that I want to put up, but they aren't uploading on here or youtube very well. Which of course makes me want to rip out my hair and lose momentum in blogging about anything. But I guess I'll figure it all out soon enough!

I got to work on a fun music video the other day.  I don't think I can share much, but let's say that I got to play a bad girl.  A vehh-weee bad girl.  It was for Pull the Plug by Sharice Styles.  Great song...especially for all of us who needed to or still need to pull the plug on that addictive relationship.  She and her sister were super nice, as was everyone on set.  I'm all for supporting talented and good people! Check her out on http://www.sharicestyles.com/   I can't wait to see the final cut!  (Hopefully, I don't end up on the cutting floor.)

The makeup got even more INTENSE




Look! It's Erica, the friendly ghost.  Or a monster on The Ring.  Geesh, I need a tan.


It's been a rough couple of days. One of the things I LOVE about working in the industry is the same thing that can be a pain in the ass...the unpredictability. I thrive on novelty and surprises, but you can feel mentally exhausted when shoots get canceled, auditions get scheduled the next day, and not knowing what your weekly paycheck will look like! Just this morning, I missed a call for an HBO shoot TODAY.  By the time I called back, the role was casted.  Just like that.

Even making plans with friends is difficult.  I feel like I can't commit to anything just in case something comes up. I finally got to have dinner with someone who lives nearby the other night after having to cancel the first time because I got called in for a shoot and pushing the second time due to finishing the music video. I feel really relieved when I get to keep an appointment with my friends.  Because I hate letting them down.

I'm trying to get a hang of it all, guys! And with a smile. Because I am the first to smack myself when I'm bratty.

Seeing this in the mailbox did help, though.  Hey, who doesn't like receiving three paychecks at once?  The SAG check was monstrous compared to the others.  Hello Union, please be my friend.

3 comments:

  1. You're soooo pretty!! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahahah. Well, we all know you're just faaaabulous. I miss you much and can't wait to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm waiting for some of those checks. Woo hoo! I love your blog and you should keep writing, when i write its like therapy. We need lots of therapy in this industry ;-)

    ReplyDelete