Saturday, August 1, 2015

Sephora Makeover: Colorful Eyes

I'm an idiot. I thought today was Sephora's VIB Rouge event, so I took a break from our Saturday morning Fargo viewing party to check it out.  The event was actually tomorrow. To make myself feel better, I decided to get a mini makeover.  I told Izzie the makeup artist: "Let's do something fun!" The results...





 Holding some of the makeup used



Ta-dah! Here is the mystery makeup!




Izzie only did my eyes. She filled in my brows with some brown powder. Then she used my favorite eyeshadow primer from Urban Decay, but the version she used had an anti-aging component. 

Izzie used NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard under my eyes. I already have this concealer, and I love to use it to cover up blemishes on my face. I don't know if I was just bad at buying the right shade of concealer, but this one has been by far the best one I have ever used!  Also, a little goes a very long way.


The eye shadow was from a cute Makeup Forever Artist Palette.

image via sephora.com


She used a light brown shadow as a base. And then used the bottom center blue-green shadow and center blue shadow. A bit of the purple on the outer lid. Then the gold color on the inner part of my upper and lower lid. I accented the corner of my eyes with an gold old Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush shadow powder I had (remember those??)

I wasn't surprised when she reached for the stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner. It's a good one! I gave it an award. 

Close up of the eye makeup



Look how long my lashes look with the Diorshow mascara! Too bad my hooded eyes hide them when I open my eyes though.  This was the first time I tried this mascara, and we didn't curl them. So maybe they will look better upright!

They aren't allowed to put liner on your waterline at Sephora. So when I got home I used my Sephora eyeliner that is no longer available on my waterline. An equivalent is their Contour Eye Pencil in Summer Cruise. Then I tapped some turquoise L'Oreal HIP High Intensity Pigments Bright Shadow  on top.




Since Izzie only did my eyes, I put on some of that Nars concealer and my Hourglass Illusion foundation in Nude. Patted on some Neutrogena SkinClearing Mineral Powder and my go-to Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Blissful.  I did a post on that blush way back. Yes, I know. I'm a dirty little girl. That blush is like 4 years old.

I used MAC lip pencil in Chestnut to line my lips.

Lipstick: it cosmetics in Damsel.
Lovely packaging!


I may do another look tomorrow at the Sephora event. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment