Monday, May 6, 2013

Review: Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick

I've been on a red lipstick kick.  It's already horrible dealing with color transfer and that "cracked lips" look that occurs when the product starts rubbing off leaving only colorful remnants in the crevices of your lips. Those problems get multiplied by 300 when dealing with red lipstick (that number was based on an entirely accurate mathematical formula).

When Stila had their 50% off sale, I picked up the Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Fiery based on the high reviews.
That's a lot of nostril.

I first outlined and filled in my lips with MAC lip liner in chestnut. I would recommend a more vibrant red color as this is more of a brick color. But it worked for this experiment.

The Stila liquid lipstick was a bit sticky, but it was less sticky than other formulas that boast of long-lasting properties (ie. the L'Oreal Infallible line).  It's called liquid lipstick, but think of it as a gloss in terms of consistency. It smelled really good, slightly sweet like cupcakes or brownies.

The color was very rich and beautiful!

At 5:15pm, I left for dinner.

During our meal, I had nice, oily appetizers like fried macaroni and cheese balls. There was definitely some mouth wiping action. I did see a bit of transfer onto the napkin. I also had pasta noodles, which I think was a great choice for testing out a lipstick. (Slurp, smack, sauce all over lips, and constant mouth dabbing.)  In addition, I enjoyed a couple glasses of wine and a dessert pudding.  That's a lot of food.  I didn't even share my dessert with my dinner companion. Not that I didn't ask. She didn't want any. Don't judge me.

I rudely got up during our dinner to shoot evidence of the lip color condition.

The bathroom was so dark (candelight for that romantic alone time) that I had to use flash.  The color looks intact, right?

Here are my "fiery" lips when I returned home.
I see a little fade in the center, but there is still a great amount of color on my lips,.

I realize that my pics were based on 5 hours and 15 minutes of wear, but from this experience, I feel very confident about this lipstick's performance. I didn't eat anything or do anything that would cause any change in the color from the 10:30 pm pic to when I finally washed it off around midnight. And my lips remained at 10:30 pm status. No fade. I would buy this product again!

What are your favorite long lasting lipstick products?



No comments:

Post a Comment