Thursday, May 2, 2013

Who Wore UGGs on the Red Carpet?



The world premiere of "The Great Gatsby" was in NYC last night! 
sourcesource
Leonardo DiCaprio and Carey Mulligan looked fantastic, but...there was a striking contrast between Anna Wintour's classic dress and André Leon Talley's bright outfit and UGGs. He's Vogue's former Editor-at-large and a big influencer in the fashion world. So, UGGs on the Red Carpet: ballsy or crazy?? (I was denied entrance into a club for wearing UGGs. Now I realize that the door people should have respected/been in awe of my fashion sense.)

Read on for more looks from the Red Carpet.





source
Nina Dobrev in Versace, Carey Mulligan in Lanvin, Isla Fisher in Dolce & Gabbana

I thought these were by far the best female looks. Is it just me...or could people have done MORE? I feel like the outfits were very understated compared to other movie premieres.  It's like people interpreted "The Great Gatsby" theme of old-timey to equal boring?
source
Singer Florence Welch in Miu Miu. Do you love or hate? 

source
Anjelica Houston: I don't know. The sunglasses, the pale pantyhose...I don't know.  It doesn't say Red Carpet to me. It says, "I have to attend a funeral after this." :(  

source
Carey Lowell: There's nothing wrong with this.  It's just that not exciting. And I like the coat, but I imagine what it looks like buttoned up and I think of a huge rectangle. Would there be any shape? 


source
Actress Kate Mulvany: Yes! Thank you! I am so NOT over the bright colors and lace yet!


What do you think? I applaud classics, basics, all black, and understated looks. But rather than a Red Carpet event, it felt like people attending a Broadway show. (And not even opening night!) Perhaps the trend is going caaaaaj as in "casual". Red Carpet Caj.


PS. I don't know how "Fashion Police" blogs/shows/mags do this! I feel like I'm cyber bullying by commenting on celebrities' outfits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment