Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Cooking Korean Japchae (Stir-Fried Noodles with Beef and Veggies)


I used this fantastic, easy-to-follow video (with the cutest Korean lady) to make my Japchae.



The video and recipe can be found here.

I actually omitted the white onions since it gives my husband gas. (haha)  I then added 3 jalapenos (we like things SPICY) and about 7 Korean long green peppers (but I suggest only 2-3).  I stir-fried the peppers like all the other vegetables.  I found that the amounts of sesame oil and soy sauce suggested resulted in Japchae that was too bland for me. So I added a LOT more.  You should definitely add to your taste.

Prep Work


My husband had four helpings of the dish. I call that a success!  (Although now he's knocked out on the living room floor from what I imagine is the starch. Or maybe just plain food coma?  He did go H.A.M. on that Japchae!)
This circumference of this bowl is probably comparable to that of a hubcap.  That's a lot of food.

No comments:

Post a Comment