Saturday, January 18, 2014

Lemon for Tea, Lemon for Eyes!


I'm feeling a tad bit under the weather.  When I feel the impending doom of illness, I go straight for my tea and Vitamin C.

And a good combination of that is hot tea and lemon.
source
I like to squeeze lemon juice into my tea and other drinks.  But I'm not a fan of submerging the entire lemon in the liquid. 

It got me thinking that I could use the squeezed lemon slivers on my eyes.  There's still some juice in that lemon flesh, right?

Did you know that lemons combat wrinkles and brighten under the eyes?  The lemon juice gets rid of dead skin cells, which decreases the appearance of lines. And the vitamin C naturally brightens.

So perhaps you don't have to recycle lemons like I do, but you can place fresh lemons cut into half-moons under the eyes.  According to US Weekly, skincare expert Mila Moursi,whose clients include Sandra Bullock, recommends leaving the slivers on for 15 minutes a day.  It is also supposed to lighten other dark blemishes on the skin.

If you don't want to put lemons directly on your face like this woman....
you can use fresh lemon juice (not the bottled kind, which may contain chemical that are harmful to your skin).  You may also dilute the lemon juice with water if you have sensitive skin.  Use a cotton swab to apply onto desire area.

No comments:

Post a Comment