Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Never Go to Sleep With Wet Hair Again!


When I read all the positive reviews on the Aquis Essentials Microfiber Hair Towel, I had to try it for myself.  I have a ton of hair, and it takes forever to dry.  I try to avoid blowdrying to prevent any further damage to my poor locks (I've subjected it to many perms and dyes.)  The allure of a super-absorbent and gentle towel got me buying the product STAT.


I used my Amazon Prime and received it within 2 days.  $16 here.  The color options on the site include pink and mint. I chose white. It came in simple and appealing packaging.  

The dimensions of the towel are 19 x 39 inches. It was slightly longer than our hand towel. 


I was a little disappointed in the texture of the towel.  With descriptions such as "fibers finer than silk" and "ultra-soft", the fabric was actually a bit rough. 
Trusting that the towel is truly gentle to the hair, I moved forward in testing it out.  When I placed the towel on my head, I saw how the texture came into play.  The "coarse-feeling-but-not-coarse" surface had a grip that kept a secure turban on my head.  With its lightweight quality, I felt no hair pulling.  Usually, I wrap my head up in a bulky, heavy towel.  Who knows how many strands of precious hair get yanked out in the process?  I see what gets left behind on the towel, and it saddens me every time.  With the Aquis, I did not notice any hair stuck to the towel when I took it off. A miracle!

Now, to the most important part- the water wicking capabilities.  I was IMPRESSED.  I had my hair in the towel for about half an hour before I headed to class.  That would usually leave me with drenched hair as I'm walking to the train and going about the day (so much water that I would have to just throw it up into a bun to avoid a wet splotch across my back.)  

After my Aquis towel turban, I was in class with barely damp hair! It was completely dry about an hour into session.  No more going to sleep with wet hair.  No more heat damage.  No more ridiculous looking wet marks on your back or boobs from your dripping hair.

I highly recommend this towel.  Get it and let me know what you think!  







No comments:

Post a Comment