Monday, September 23, 2013

2013 Emmy Awards Red Carpet Fashion


I thought these were some fashion choices that stood out from TV's biggest night.


Sheer dresses were a trend.
source: Wire Images
Lena Heady is normally covered up in "Game of Thrones", but last night, she wow'd us in this sexy black Alessandra Rich number.  Do you think it's just right or a little too much?



Whoo hoo!  Leslie Mann, go on with your bad self!  I thought she rocked this J. Mendel dress.





source: Getty
Some people liked Jenny Packham's revealing dress on Julianne Hough.  I thought it gave off the alarming effect of someone forgetting to put on her pants.  Perhaps the mini dress underneath Leslie's gown and the black fabric on Lena made them more tasteful.  This off-the-shoulder design combined with the barely-there look just made it seem like everything was falling off of Julianne.


source: Getty Image
Let's talk about this lacey dress.  Are those suspenders attached to the gown?  Backpack straps? The tin foil-ish flowers on Aubrey Plaza's neck confuse me. And I keep thinking there are styrofoam packing peanuts stuck to her arm.  Love? Hate?


source: AP
I don't think anyone can argue that Heidi Klum didn't sizzle in her Versace sequined dress.  But doesn't it totally make you think of a sensual devil character in a movie? She even has the horns on the second photo.  She should recycle it for her annual Halloween party.  She'd still look good!


source: Wire Image
This Best Actress in a Drama winner owned this dress.  It seems like such a risk to wear this color and wash out such fair skin.  But I think Claire Danes pulled if off in this Armani Prive creation.  I love how feminine and sexy the back looks.  Well, I guess it helps that her back looks GOOD.


source: Getty Images
What happened, Melissa Leo?



source: Getty Images
I have read that Kerry Washington has never been on a fashion "Don't" list.  I can believe that.  She always looks divine.  This Marchesa dress is a little frou frou for my tastes, but Kerry resembles a goddess wearing it. She has been pretty tight lipped about her recent wedding, but you can just imagine what a vision she must have been as a bride.



source: RCFA
I LOVE mermaid dresses.  And what better hourglass figure to pour into one than Sofia Vergara.  (Was that a real sentence?)  Her vibrant red Vera Wang gown made her look like a beautiful flamenco dancer.  I don't really like gigantic multicolored gems, but I can see how her Lorraine Schwartz earrings would be impressive.



source: AP
I think Lena Dunham is so cute.  But I don't understand this choice at all. 



source: Getty Images

Hey, "Girls".  Why?  The black fabric across Zosia Mamet's boobs is a little distracting.  And weird.



source: Getty Images
Sarah Hyland looked GORGEOUS in this emerald CH by Carolina Herrera dress.  The color...the texture.  RICH.  And Sarah, though looking quite young, worked this sophisticated design!

What did you think about these highlights?  Any favorites?  




No comments:

Post a Comment