Thursday, September 12, 2013

For Some, Double iPhones = Double Rainbows


Hi.  I don't use an iPhone.  I think they are ridiculously priced. 


source
This is not a cute case.  It illustrates what an iPhone actually does --eats all of your money.
And then you get robbed because you are walking around with a $650+  device in your hand.  $850 for a 64GB phone?  Will my future children expect to have such pricey phones?  Kill me now.

Despite my iPrice contempt, many people are excited that Apple officially unveiled their two iPhone products, the iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c.





Hey, I get it.  It's cool that the iPhone 5s uses a fingerprint scanning mechanism to unlock your phone of classified secrets.  A simple PIN code would also do the trick.  Ok, so it IS kind of cool and novel.  Yet, I wouldn't rely heavily on its security.  Biometrics is not an exact science.  And honestly, if I were kidnapped for the valuable information in my phone, I wouldn't want the perpetrators to have easy access by placing my finger on the sensor! They would have to torture the code out of my MIND. 
MuHaHa.


source
The iPhone 5s didn't make big changes in aesthetics.  Some would argue if it ain't broke, don't fix it.  "The classic sleek look is here to stay!"  But many people were disappointed that the screen size didn't increase.  I can actually applaud Apple's choice in sticking to their standard screen size.  As the cellphone world keeps competing to see who can come out with the most vibrant, gigantic screen, I am becoming more aware of how awkward people look trying to shove their "mini" tablet into their pockets.  I am a Samsung Galaxy 3 user myself, and I got hand cramps getting accustomed to holding it.  I still gawk at Samsung Note users.


source
Samsung Note: "Hey, iPhone. Feeling inadequate?"

As for pricing, the iPhone 5S costs the same with a contract as the iPhone 5 did at launch: $199 for the 16GB version, $299 for 32GB, and $399 for 64GB.  Unlocked and contract-free, these babies run for $649 (16GB), $749 (32GB), and $849 (64GB).  Will the draws of the gorgeous exterior, faster 64-bit A7 processor, new M7 motion coprocessor, and improved camera specs get you to sign up for the iPhone 5s?  The preliminary review by cnet may help you decide.






WEEEEE! The iPhone 5c!
source


So you're probably thinking, "Well, at least this frugal mofo can't complain about the price of the iPhone c(heap)!"  Oh, but I can.  Because as much as I am a sucker for cute, colorful objects, I also don't think this is an actual "low-cost device." It's basically the iPhone 5, which is now old.  Draped in plastic.  Selling for $549 full price!  While the iPhone 5 is selling for $649.  Cheaper materials did not result in a steep price drop for the iPhone 5c. I guess it is a lower-cost iPhone option only if you are on contract: $99 for the 16GB and $199 for the 32GB.

Cnet review here.  You may pre-order iPhone 5c's tomorrow via Apple and all major carriers.  The launch date for both new iPhone models is September 20.

Will you be making an iPhone 5s / iPhone 5c purchase?

No comments:

Post a Comment