Thursday, September 26, 2013

Review: Avon Moisture Effective Eye Makeup Remover Lotion


There is a cute little granny who sells Avon products near our subway station.  At least 3 times a week, I'd see her armed with her small wicker basket of supplies.  Having been a Mark rep in the past, I could relate to her entrepreneurial spirit.  So I bought a hand lotion and eye makeup remover.  The lotion just seemed like Johnson & Johnson baby lotion (it even smelled like it).  It was meh, but only $1.  


The eye makeup remover was $3.  And AMAZING!



I decided to test it out in several ways.  Here I tried it out after washing my face in the shower. Ever since I started using eye makeup remover, I would wash my face first and then use the remover on the leftover makeup on my eyes and lips.
BEFORE


The mascara I had on was Clinique High Lengths (not waterproof).  My lipstick was Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Fiery (very budgeproof). 
AFTER



And I only used this much! I did utilize the entire real estate of the cotton pad though.  I recommend dotting the target areas with the lotion before wiping to avoid having excess lotion on one area.  Also, avoid getting the stuff in your eye holes.  You WILL get cloudy eye.  Now I know not to be as reckless.


Most people probably use eye makeup remover to get rid of waterproof mascara.  So for my next test, I wore Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Volumizing Mascara.  I stuck with the Stila lipstick since it is pretty hard to take off.


 So when I walked into my improv class, I got many compliments on this lipstick.  This color was described as "sexy" and "hot" by classmates.  I was also wearing black jeans and black moto boots, so people were remarking on how edgy I looked that day.  


During the break, I used lipgloss.  Guess I got a little aggressive with rubbing my lips together because I got home home looking like THIS. 
Nobody in class said a thing. 



Well, good thing the Avon eye makeup remover lotion took care of everything!  This time I used the lotion before I washed my face.  Which totally makes sense.  Use the lotion, wash away the remover.  This also REALLY makes sense when you use an oily makeup remover.  Who wants to wash your face and then go to bed with oily residue on your face? (I guess me, because I did that.)


Even my mascara came off!  


If you're ok with a lotion eye makeup remover, I highly recommend the Avon Moisture Effective Eye Makeup Remover.  Ask your local Avon rep (maybe you have cute grannies in our hood selling them?) or try Amazon.  Unfortunately, I didn't see this lotion available on the Avon site.  I'm not the only one loving this product.  Check out the reviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment