Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Venice Film Festival


Diane Kruger is hitting some "Best Dressed" lists in this purple velvet Alberta Ferretti gown.  
source


The dress is reminiscent of royalty.  But it looks heavy, hot (as in VERY warm), and oppressive.  It makes me miss her ethereal look from last year's Cannes Film Festival.  What do you think?  
source


Is it just me or can Sandra Bullock do no wrong?  
Here she is in a vibrant 3-toned Alex Perry frock with the lime green color blocking cinching her waist oh-so-nicely!
source


Let's not forget that entrance to the Venice Film Festival Opening Ceremony + Gravity Premiere!
Sandra was a ruby stunner in a J Mendel Resort 2014 dress and Roger Vivier ankle-strap heels.  Can we say perfection?
source



Dakota Fanning showed she was all grown up with this sophisticated, sparkling midnight blue gown by Elie Saab Couture.
source


Italian actress Francesca Cavallin balanced out elegant with sexy.  She kept a lot covered, but the "boob window" of her Barbara Casasola dress made it interesting.
source



Ah! I can't deal.  Carrie Mulligan just looks so adorable in this simple black and white Miu Miu dress.  I am SO biased toward black and white.  And I am SO biased toward loving her cute little face.
source


I love Carrie so much that I am willing to forgive her for these strange Johnny Deppish Prada glasses. Why did she put them on for photos?  She didn't get ambushed by photographers on the RED CARPET, right?  Wait, I'm back.  Apparently, it's a celebrity trend now to walk down the carpet with their sunnies on.  Do you approve of this trend?  What about the glasses?
source


Downton Abbey star Michelle Dockery also went very basic in a red mini while attending Miu Miu Women's Tales.  With her low key hairstyle and accessories, Dockery stuck with a classic look.
source


Scarlett Johansson supposedly "wowed" in a long, very fitting Versace gown.  I think ScarJo is such a beautiful woman with an amazing figure. I just didn't think this was the most flattering dress for her.  And my eyes keep going toward her tan lines.
source


Wait, did I say my eyes keep going toward her tan lines?  I meant her boobs.
I can't tell if her hair is supposed to look messy on purpose.  I'm perplexed by the choice of jewelry, but what do I know. Anyway, I've already stopped thinking about jewelry and am distracted by boobs. (Lucky woman!)
source


I much preferred this clean look that Scarlett wore when she attended the Under the Skin photo call.  I think it was all in the plan to go conservative chic and then have jaws dropping later with her Versace dress.  I love this Sonia Rykiel Resort 2014 striped sleeveless top with the high-waisted Roland Mouret pants.  She wore black satin Robert Vivier heels.  Vivier seemed to be a popular choice for shoes at this  festival.
source


A common theme in attire for this festival seemed to be red dresses and black + white combinations.


Israeli actress Moran Atias wore Alberta Ferretti.
source



Mia Wasikowska in Proenza Schouler
source


Freida Pinto in Miu Miu
source


Gia Coppola did black + white twice.
source

In Proenza Schouler

Any thoughts on these Red Carpet choices?

No comments:

Post a Comment