Monday, September 16, 2013

No Curling Iron? Try socks.

On my recent trip to Portland for a wedding, I forgot my curling iron.  After throwing my fists up in the air, I saw that Hotel Monaco had a list of complimentary items it can provide their guests. Of course they would!  And of course, a curling iron was on the list.  Hotel Monaco is awesome.

source

Anyway, I thought it would be a perfect opportunity to explore how to put some Oomph to your hair when you are curling iron-less.  It made me think back to my junior high school days when I would roll socks into my wet hair and wake up with dry waves.

In those hot iron deprived days, I would use long tube (!) socks, roll my hair up, and tie the sock ends together to secure them.  On this trip, I had only brought footsie socks.  But I did have some additional resources.


Rubber bands!


Rolled up those suckers


Secure the socks with the rubber bands


Nice


I wasn't going to have time to sleep in these "curlers" so I kept them in as long as I could while doing makeup and getting dressed.

Make up


I used Tarte BB Tinted Treatment (review), Stila  Stay All Day Liquid Eye Liner, Wet n Wild eyeshadow (review), Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Volumizing Mascara (review), MAC lip pencil in Chestnut, and Estee Lauder lipstick in Pink Parfait.
Wet n Wild Comfort Zone palette



I was in a rush so I blow dried my hair very quickly.  My hair was still a bit damp when I undid the socks. But I still got wavy results!

What are some odd things you've used to get some curl or wave to your hair? Besides socks, I've heard of using soda cans!

No comments:

Post a Comment